diciembre 02, 2011

Don’t be lazy…have some shame!


Instructional Dimension of Teaching…

As student teaching we’ll always hear the expressions: “I’ve been in this profession my whole life, I’m a master so I don’t need to plan” and  “students are always the same every year.” How can people who thinks like this be educators? But Since I want to be a great teacher, I must plan my classes. I’ve gotten to see it as a very important part of my practicum not as the most boring and difficult part. Of course, it is difficult to do lesson planning and it is even more when you are trying to make a Unit Plan for ten different grades, but this is the time when your real aptitudes and attitudes as a teacher jump to the stage.      
Students will never be the same as every year so you ought to plan, conditions and equipment will never be the same so you must plan. In other words, lesson planning will give students a real learning experience rather than seeing the teacher babbling in front of the class for forty five minutes. Though it’s not the most exciting thing to do, you’ll get a better idea to focus on specific language points so that students understand the meaningful importance of learning a new language and that awareness will be motivating. Furthermore, if you have to teach the writing process which is a really big headache for us student teaching how come it would be for a high school student if you don’t plan the class to address their level of production?







We are aware of some realities that cannot be changed that easily but our efforts in the instructional part will give students a better learning experience and will give teachers satisfaction of a well done work.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario